Friday, April 9, 2010

Kimber Lindsay Perkins is Here!

Okay so this is way over due, but with close to 1,000 pictures of our little girl I have been overwhelmed with the task of blogging. Not to mention I had a lot of trouble uploading them and of course they are out of order.
I'll start with my birth story...
Friday, April 2nd, (Good Friday) I was 37 weeks 5 days. I woke up around 4am with uncomfortable contractions. They weren't painful, but they reminded me of when I went into labor with Briley. In the back of my mind I knew that this would be the day, but I didn't want to be over confident because it seemed so early. At around 5 am I decided to time them because I had nothing else to do. 6 am roles around and the contractions are every 4-6 minutes so I decide to straighten my hair, put a little make up on and finish packing my bags. Since we couldn't just leave for the hospital, because of Briley, I told Brian that I would drive to the hospital so that they could monitor me and then he could come later if it was the real thing. I got there at 7 am and still had regular contractions that were getting more uncomfortable but still not too painful. I was dialated to a 3 when I arrived and they wanted to observe me for an hour. They didn't think I was in labor, probably becuase I arrived at the hospital by myself, and I was rather calm. After the hour was up they checked me and I was at a 4, so they realized I was in labor. The contractions now were getting painful, and they admitted me to the hospital. I texted Brian, who was in a meeting, and told him to finish the meeting because it would be a while to check me in. He arrived around 9:15am, got the epidural around 9:25 the doctor came in to break my water around 9:40. Oh and my mom was on her way from San Antonio, but we thought she would definitely make it. Around 10 am Brian went to the car with Briley to grab something, and they checked me and said I was ready to push. We called Brian to get up there, but the doctor was at Sonic so we had to wait for him to arrive. When he got there I had 1 contraction and pushed her right out at 10:31am. She weighed 6lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long. My mom missed it by 45 minutes but she got to be here for the 1st 3 days of life, which meant so much to me.
It was amazing and perfect and now we have a precious little girl, Kimber Lindsay Perkins. She is a wonderful baby, just like her brother, and rarely cries. Briley is trying to adjust but he is taking it harder than I expected. I know that someday soon he will love his little sister and I can't wait to watch them grow up together. God has blessed our family so much and we couldn't be more thankful for all that he has given us.
Okay so here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures.

Already 1 week old.


My 2 wonderful sisters drove 7 hours to suprise me the day she was born. They are the best.



Briley meeting his baby sister.







2 comments:

Ashlie said...

I'm so happy for y'all! I can't wait to get my hands on her. I miss that precious "newborness". I also keep buying things for her...I can't help it.

theschenks said...

I only hope my labor and delivery are half as easy as yours was! Kimber is soooo cute! I can't believe all of her dark hair. I love it.