Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day




I had a wonderful Mother's Day. On Saturday Brian and Briley got me a dozen beautiful pink roses, and gift cards to the 2 best places in San Angelo (Target and Ross). So Briley and I headed out to do a little shopping while daddy worked in the yard. I love shopping with Briley because he is always so good and loves to ride in his stroller. We went to church on Sunday with Brian's parents, and had lunch with Me-Mo and Grandma and Grandpa Perkins. I was hoping that he would say mama for mother's day since I haven't heard it since 6 months old, but he is still pretty stuck on dada. I am waiting for the day when he just starts talking to me. But he can almost say clock and fan (his 2 favorite things).


It was such a relaxing day and I can't believe how proud I am to be Briley's mom. He is now 11 months old and walking a lot more. The most steps I've seen him take is probably 10 steps, but he has also accumulated a few bruises in the last week. I am eagerly planning his birthday party and making the invitations. I am so excited to see him turn one and eat his birthday cake.


All I can say is God is Sooooooooo Good!

No comments: