Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Dreaded Day


The day that I have been dreading all summer long was finally here. It took many hours of preparation and a very early morning to get out of the house. Dropping him off was a lot harder than I expected. I thought that everything would be fine, but seeing him all alone on the floor mat when I was leaving was pretty tough. After a few tears were shed I was off to my first day at work at Central Freshmen Campus just down the street. Luckily we have 1 1/2 hours for lunch during these teacher work days so I was able to go see him for 30 minutes. I am thankful that I will be able to do that until the students arrive so that I can ease myself into the thought of leaving my sweet little boy at daycare.


On a more happy note... We put Briley in his jumparoo for the first time. Despite him not being able to have his hands out or a bunch of phone books for him to put his feet on, he actually jumped and really liked it. This helped end this sad day on a happy note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Kathryn! I left Calvin for the first time with a non-family member on Thursday for inservice. It was sooo hard! Briley is looking so big and so cute! I can't wait to see him next month!